Taking care of your hair is an everyday task. In addition to choosing a shampoo suitable for your hair type and complementing it with a good conditioner, using a mask regularly will help you have incredible hair.
What benefits does a hair mask have?
The best hair mask is the one that gets:
- Moisturize your hair.
- Prevent hair loss.
- Strengthen weak hair.
- Give shine to your hair.
- Promote growth.
Just as you take care of the skin on your face with moisturizing creams, serums, oils and a face mask , you should also protect and nourish your hair with a good mask.
At eva+avo we have created natural products designed for all hair types. Our nourishing hair mask based on avocado and other powerful ingredients such as rosemary oil, work magic on your hair, leaving it soft and shiny like silk.
The best thing is that you will only need 10 minutes to make your hair look the way you have always wanted it.
Before starting a hair mask , make sure you are following these recommendations:
- You use a moisturizing shampoo.
- You complement with a conditioner.
- Do not use a hair dryer excessively.
- You eat a good diet that includes healthy fats and vitamins.
- You cut your hair regularly to promote healthy growth.
How a hair mask works
Hair masks have properties that act on the scalp , with the aim of rebuilding what is known as the hair cuticle.
Its base is much more concentrated than what you find in conditioner, which makes it have a more powerful effect on your hair.
For the hair mask to have the desired effect, it requires between 20 to 30 minutes of application. Always after shampoo and conditioner.
In the market you find a wide variety of hair masks. Our recommendation is to always look for a hydrating hair mask that contains natural ingredients, avoiding invasive products that can damage your hair.
Natural masks for your hair are also cheaper , in addition to being healthier so that you can have regular hair care, without damaging your hair.
Also choose a hair mask with a UV filter that will offer your hair extra care, especially if you expose your hair to the sun in the summer season.
How to apply a hair mask
If you're wondering how to use a hair mask, we'll tell you here. You must follow simple steps to apply your hair mask and have the results you want. Take note!:
- Wash your hair very well . It is important that your hair is very clean, so that your hair can absorb the ingredients of the mask and get the most out of them. Remember to also use a conditioner and do gentle massages to prepare your scalp for the product.
- Dry your hair to remove excess water . It is advisable that you apply the hair mask to damp hair and not completely dry or wet hair. Use an absorbent microfiber towel or, failing that, a cotton t-shirt. This will help the mask ingredients penetrate your head very well.
- Separate your hair . Use clips to separate your hair into different sections. This will help the mask act in all areas of your head, applying the product to each of them.
- Apply your mask and massage . Generally, masks should be applied from the middle to the ends, ensuring that the product spreads throughout the hair and using gentle massages and movements so that the mask penetrates completely and seals the hair cuticle.
- Cover your hair . Using a towel, wrap all your hair. Some experts recommend that the towel be a little hot to increase the effects of the mask. Let it act for the necessary time and not for longer than indicated, as you can cause the product to lose all its effects.
- Rinse your hair very well to remove the mask . After the hair mask has acted on your hair for the indicated time, rinse very well with plenty of water and, if possible, let your hair dry naturally, without using a dryer or iron.
Hair mask according to your hair type
Now, you know how to apply your hair mask. But which one is right for your hair type.
At eva+avo we believe in the power of natural ingredients to take care of our hair. The best thing is that when you use this type of chemical-free product, it has a repairing effect that is good for all types of hair.
If you have straight hair, look for a mask that nourishes your hair, giving it shine but also strengthening the ends. Straight hair in particular needs strength to promote growth and prevent hair loss.
In this previous article we tell you everything you need to know about hair loss and how to combat it, including of course natural masks for hair care.
For dry and damaged hair, use nourishing masks. Avocado-based masks are great for giving nutrients to your hair .
If your hair is curly, use masks that moisturize and hydrate your hair, giving it not only luminosity but also movement and body.
Homemade hair masks
Making a hair mask at home is very easy and you will only need fresh ingredients, as well as the time necessary for it to take effect on your hair.
We give you some recommendations for homemade masks to keep your hair radiant, just like you!
- Rice mask for curly or dry hair .
For this mask you only need rice flour and coconut oil. It is a perfect recipe to naturally hydrate damaged hair, in addition to promoting growth and helping to have smoother, more bouncy hair.
Cook some rice and then blend it with coconut oil. You will have a homogeneous mixture that you can apply to your hair, as we have already indicated. You can do it once a week.
Easy, with inexpensive ingredients and the perfect formula to hydrate your hair. This mixture can be applied to dry hair.
Leave it on for at least 30 minutes, and then wash with your usual shampoo and conditioner.
Ideally, you should let your hair dry outdoors without using a dryer or iron.
Avocado is magical. We have already told you that it is one of our star ingredients. We believe in its powerful nutrients.
With this mask you can hydrate and nourish your hair, so that it looks incredible.
You just need to add a banana and a little honey.
- Mix the avocado and banana until you achieve a homogeneous mixture. Add the honey and if you have, a little coconut oil.
- Wash your hair very well and add the avocado mask to damp hair from the roots to the ends.
- Leave the mask on your hair for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and let your hair dry naturally.
After washing, you can use our leave-in styling cream . Your hair will be nourished and look fantastic.
Our eva+avo hair care products
All our products at eva+avo are designed to nourish your hair, hydrate it and give it a healthy appearance, promoting its growth and preventing hair loss.
Our 5-step kit, for example, includes all the products you need for your hair care . From shampoo to styling cream.
In addition, we also include perfect presentations for when you are traveling. This way, you will have no excuse to stop taking care of your hair.
Choose the hair mask that best suits you and show off incredible hair. And don't forget your eva+avo product!